Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Notes from the Conference - Part 4 (Last One)

Here are pictures of a demonstration of using an activity that incorporates Florida educational standards for 3-5 year olds.

Volunteers received a one-minute time limit to put together a fabric puzzle using a picture of the completed puzzle that was projected on the presentation screen. After the construction of the puzzle, I received feedback concerning the standards used, then I displayed the skills from the standards I had targeted when the activity was developed. The activity inspired a few of the attendees to use the idea to smaller puzzles for their children.

All in all, the conference was a great learning experience for me. There were so many presentations and workshops that I missed much information, particularly since I was seeking the most current information on educational standards from state officials because I use educational standards in my consultations.

It’s interesting to note that I heard no information concerning lead paint and toys from China. I wondered whether that issue was low key since many toy companies were represented at the conference. I was curious about risk management at childcare centers and other locations serving children in regard to toys as well as predators and other safety issues. I’m assuming that I was in a different learning track and that those issues were discussed.

No comments: