Saturday, October 20, 2007

A Child is Born With a Heart of Gold

The title for this blog post was taken from the Earth, Wind, and Fire song, Way of the World, one of my favorite songs. I truly believe children are pure of heart until societal influences have an impact. I think it's becoming more difficult for children to maintain a pure heart.

I understand that in many situations attacks on children, physical and mental, relate to power issues by adults. What I don't understand is why. Sometimes I conclude such attacks on children as cowardly acts; other times I conclude those attacks result from mental illness. In any case, I think adults should be severely punished for attack on children or for failure to protect children. I also think judges and other officials should be investigated when they support adults receiving second chances for attacks on children. At the same time, I believe anyone making a false accusation against an adult concerning an attack on a child should be investigated thoroughly for accuracy and punished for intentionally providing false statements. A mistake in either direction is unacceptable.

Again, a child is born with a heart of gold, and it is the duty of adults to treasure children--all children.

No comments: