Monday, October 15, 2007

Active Blog Day

I just read at http://www.slashdot.org, where I get daily technology information, that today is Active Blog Day. Today each blogger is encouraged to write something about the environment. In my case I want to tie the environment topic to early childhood education.

As an educator, I'm concerned with providing a healthy environment for children. Actually, I focus on the cleaning of apparatuses used in activities. I freeze almost everything before a child touches it. Also, instead of using typical cleaning products, I use a vinegar and water mixture or drops of grapefruit seed extract and water mixture to sanitize materials in an earth-friendly manner. In my woodworking projects where I develop objects for children, I use water-based polyurethane. In small ways I try to be environmentally conscious while helping children.

No comments: