Tuesday, September 18, 2007

School Busing

This post is a comment on school bus drivers, not the topic of busing of children per se. The street where I live has a nice long strip of newly paved road. Apparently, school bus drivers are delighted to use it instead of the nearby dusty dirt roads they were using as a more direct route to the schools. The problem is that they are speeding on streets that seem to be slightly narrow for two-way traffic. All of this brings me to the point that often I feel we select people to care for children who may not have the best interst of children in mind. I'm told that the low pay discourages many better qualified people from applying those jobs. I'm not so sure that's the whole story. I'll more on this topic after attending a childhood conference next week.

Anyway, I've just posted a link to an article concerning dyslexia. I discovered I have dyslexia quite late in life and have been keeping an eye out for new information on that topic.

No comments: