Wednesday, September 12, 2007

After Some Thinking

For quite a while, I've been considering starting a blog that would focus on my strong interest in better educating our young children. Here it is. I plan to make updates on what I see, what I read, and what I think relating to early childhood education. Initially, I plan to only have this blog viewable by invitation only. If the interest points to a greater audience, then I'll expand the view.

I need to explain the title of this blog. The title is developed from Friedrich Froebel, who opened the first kindergarten in Germany on June 28, 1840. According to http://www.froebelweb.org/, Froebel focused on providing toy for "sedentary creative play," "games and dances for healthy activity," and "observing and nurturing plants in a garden for stimulating awareness of the natural world." The title of this blog is taken from Froebel's play objects: Foebelgaben--translated as Froebel's gifts. I am using "gebenlygook"" to represent gifts of various stuff. Be prepared for surprises as the blog grows.

No comments: