Sunday, September 27, 2009

It's About Control

I'm just returning from the 54th Conference of the Florida Association for Education of Young Children in Orlando, FL where I lead a round table discussion. I'll have much more detailed information about the conference in another posting. In any case, I'm feeling pretty good about some of my comments from the conference since some of it is supported by an article (Can the Right Kinds of Play Teach Self Control) in the New York Time Magazine (September 27, 2009). For example, earlier today I remarked, while referring to young children activities, to table mates at the conference that I thought young children need to feel as if they are controlling something. The Times Magazine article expands on the idea of students exhibiting self control.

No comments: