Monday, March 16, 2009

The WebKinz Party

Last Friday I was part of a Webkinz Party at a library. My role was to manage the
"Paint the Fence" game. Prior to participating in the event, I had a vague understanding of the Webkinz "movement" and had to search the Web for information to prepare for the party.

In all my planning, I still wasn't prepared for the high-energy level of the kids at the party. The kids repeated roamed through the seven activities. I found it difficult to understand why "glorified-beany babies" were receiving such attention.

There was one comical moment for me when a little guy related how happy he was to receive the prize for painting the fence, and I noticed that he was missing two front teeth. I'm not sure what it says about me that I find kids with missing teeth hilarious.

I found it interesting watching whether a parent chose to help or not help a child playing games. In some instances I found it sad to see some parents not giving children time to work through missteps and instead playing the game for the children.

No comments: