Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Earth Day



I found this soft-back book at the number one company on the Fortune 500 list. I intend to develop a program to use year round for preschool students.

Today I went to a craft store that was giving out pine sprigs in honor of Earth Day. I thought all the sprigs would be gone since I arrived at the store late in the morning and only the first 100 customers were to receive sprigs. I received a sprig at the check-out counter, and I remarked that less than 100 customers had preceded me today at the store. The cashier remarked that she still had sprigs because some customers didn't want them, not even to give to someone else.

This is my best Earth Day because I'm proud of my efforts to help the environment since the last Earth Day. In fact, I became a better gardener since last year. I made my own compost, and I've grown and eaten vegetables from my garden.

Another thought for today is that each year we celebrate Earth Day with planting trees and highlighting the environment; however, I believe each person needs to account for what he or she has done to help the environment since the last Earth Day.

No comments: